It took me a long time to realize this:
We get to choose what defines us.
―Sarah Addison Allen
|rachael runs | y o g a | outfits |
You want community? Be community.
You want love? Be loving to others.
You want friendship? Be a friend.
You want something more? Be something more.
Sometimes the things we want most in life, start when we are the first to initiate it; so go out, and be."
# this has been a post
- so far i’ve done 3/4 of my midterm exams (++ handed in one 30% paper for the other class)
- wrote my 50% neuro midterm this afternoon and felt really really great about it and i can’t remember the last time i studied so much for an exam
- barely got to enjoy the elation because
- one more to go - a 40% audition midterm (the ear, not like…an audition, haha) tomorrow morning and then i am HOME FREE
- i’ve honestly been living in the library for the last week and a half and it is mentally taxing but finally feeling rewarding
- despite being pretty tightly wound and stressed out i have been taking really good care of myself - making time to run most days, eating really well, doing yoga, and taking time to just let my brain relax. i know i am performing better for it.
- i’m so excited to go out with my friends/classmates this weekend and celebrate and have nothing on my shoulders to stress about
- i think we’re going to a concert on thursday!
- the end of this week there’s a big sale at roots and i work thursday/fri/saturday but i’m so excited because it’s going to be so much fun, our staff meeting on sunday got me so pumped for the holiday season
- i am so grateful that i have a job that is so flexible with my schedule and that i actually really enjoy — it’s such a nice break for my mind and the people who come in are always pleasant and really love the stuff we sell and it’s so fun to get them excited
- on that grateful note i have met some really A+ people in my program. like everyone is really kind overall but there’s a few that i just got on the same wavelength with from day 1 and they make the daily grind so great and i’m so glad to be in this crazy boat with them
- i’m drinking bengal spice tea and trying to convince my mind it’s caffeinated so i can get a little pep to power through this review one more time before bed
- also 9 more days until things get particularly wonderful in this neck of the woods
- take home message: things are hard and stress is exhausting and friends are the best and i’m really happy.
you mean in NYC? I’m going to train to run a half marathon, i.e. I’ll be running haha. it doesn’t get as cold here as it did in Montreal so I’m hoping to be able to run outside through the winter and not just on a treadmill.
that instagram post seems to indicate that it is! they haven’t officially released the details (their facebook page is where everything is at, it’s the Run Nike Womens Series page) but I’m hoping they announce it soon! last year they announced DC soon after San Fran was over and then registration was in early November.
yep! i’m INFP and i identify with it very strongly!
- i like a little sweet and savoury - pancakes and sausage with maple syrup
- i’m not sure…whichever is closer?
- usually none! i almost always wake up 4-5 minutes before whatever alarm i set, haha. but if it does wake me up it only takes one - once i’m up, i’m up.
- always too hot. always.
i’ve gotten such an oddly huge influx of questions about bulletproof coffee in the last week (is there a picture getting reblogged that i’m unaware of?) that i’m about ready to take it as a sign and get back on the butter brigade
(i wanted to start back on it last week but my grocery store was sold out of grassfed butter. will update when things are butterful again, which should be soon!)
thanks! university students have guaranteed entry into all Nike races, so I never had to deal with the lottery. this year there isn’t a race in DC, I’m still waiting to hear where it will be!
oh my gosh this made me tear up. you’re welcome. the internet is weird but i’m so glad you found this little space of mine if it did that for you. i’m about to go for a run and this put the biggest smile on my face.