It took me a long time to realize this:
We get to choose what defines us.
―Sarah Addison Allen
|rachael runs | y o g a | outfits |
hmm! i am very snobby about my coffee and generally only get “good” coffee - usually dark roast from a local roastery, and i make it pour-over style every morning. i like to switch up the brand or the style whenever i get new coffee - i buy about 500g at a time which usually lasts me about 2-3 weeks.
for tea i have a big box of teas i’ve accumulated and choose from - many are from David’s tea (loose leaf), some Numi, some Celestial Seasonings. In the winter I drink more herbal teas in the evening and I really love the Bengal Spice tea from Celestial Seasonings - it’s a naturally sweet but very spicy herbal chai. I love having it on cold evenings with a little almond milk!
:’) :’) i honestly never get sick of hearing this. thank you so much! it’s funny because i’ve gotten it a lot more in real life as well in the last year or so (i always get awkward and have no idea how to respond) and i don’t think i’ve changed how i dress. i think that i am just incredibly comfortable with myself and i feel like that translates? anyways, it’s cool.
thanks again for messaging me :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH ANON! ALSO YOUR ENTHUSIASM IS APPRECIATED :D :D
ah you are so sweet! thank you. and i’m so glad you love roots too! :)
they also have a tumblr!
the beaut inpursuitofbrunch inspired me to write up a list of october goals because it sounds like fun. so here goes!
- get my handstanding prowess back - handstands daily again
run 3x per week minimum (down from september’s 4x because so many exams/assignments)so far so good!
run with someone(i have a running buddy! we’ve run a few times so far.)
- bake 3 different pumpkin-infused things (so far have made pumpkin spice oatmeal and cookies!)
- spend at least 2 saturdays with my parents, homework free (i get to go home sunday afternoon to spend monday and most of tuesday with them!)
go to intramural ultimate frisbee every week(so far so good!)
- improve my sales at Roots (this one is going well! i’ve sold some leather, a few watches, and helped a lot of people. i really like my job!)
send a care packagedone!
- have a potluck at my place (this might be happening tonight!)
- cook at least 3 meals with someone else (has not happened yet. dang.)
- do my dishes more promptly (eh…we’re getting there.)
- go home for a weekend (sunday!!)
- remove cups/mugs from my room every evening (not happening at all haha failing miserably. mug hoarder forever.)
- drink one tumbler of water in the morning and one in the evening (been pretty good about this one so far!)
- try new varieties of craft beer from both garrison and propellor breweries
- find one other new brewery in halifax and take friends there (i’m too stressed to drink beer but after the 23rd i will drink allllll the beer haha)
keep my desk in my room more organized
study at the library at least twice per workweek - things seem to stick better in there(this one is way too easy i live in the library)
flip through my flashcards for each class once daily minimum(also very easy i always have flashcards in my hands)
- be better at reaching out to my long distance friends and being more present for them
- make sure i have at least one day per week where school is not at the forefront of my mind (failing at this one too haha so stressed all the time)
i’ll reblog this a couple times and update it with progress as the month goes on :)