i've always been better moving
than i am standing still.
It took me a long time to realize this:
We get to choose what defines us.
―Sarah Addison Allen
|rachael runs | y o g a | outfits |
i had SO much fun at the yoga festival today! i attended two awesome classes with fantastic instructors, got a henna tattoo, took a hula hooping workshop, and got to try some really yummy food. it was such a beautiful day, with a light breeze and blue skies with cloudy periods.
the most exciting part was during the second class - the teacher had us in standing forward fold and wanted us to lean all of our weight into our hands and come up onto our toes. one of the assistants who were doing adjustments came over to me and put her index fingers into my hip creases and said up up up up and i lifted with all my might and did my very first successful press up into handstand! i went through tuck position and then fully extended and held it unassisted and everyone was so excited and congratulating me, haha. it was so much fun and i definitely want to keep working on it and improving my arm and core strength.
it was the loveliest sunday! so thankful that lululemon hosts/puts on events like these. now i am sooo exhausted haha. making dinner and doing readings because i haven’t done any schoolwork all day, oops.
getting dressed while dancing around my room to the new maroon 5 album
there has not been a maroon 5 album that i haven’t completely adored in the now 12 years i’ve been obsessed with them
high five if you’ve been loving adam levine’s falsetto since 2002 and songs about jane
12/10 would recommend V
(in particular: sugar, leaving california, my heart is open A+++)
# this has been a post
- i’ve been doing yoga every night since moving to halifax and am finally feeling like i’m gaining my flexibility back — i did yoga occasionally in the summer but nowhere near the deep daily practice i was doing in the spring, so it’s nice to get that ~bendiness~ back and my body feels so so good
- almost through my first full week of classes! 3 hour classes are long, and i have two days when they’re back to back. but running in the evening makes my legs feel so much better after that much sitting
- the park i run through is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and yesterday i ran at low tide and it just smelled so strongly of the sea. at one point i stopped and climbed down over the trail and rock hopped along the harbour just to breathe it in.
- tonight i made overnight oatmeal to have in the morning and as soon as i put it in the fridge i started daydreaming about what i would do with all the extra time hahah. it’s probably all of 8 minutes but i am going to drink my coffee at a normal human pace.
- i am really warming up to some people in my class and making new friends is so weird and fun because you have this completely fresh start with them and they don’t know you at all and i think i’m so used to making new internet friends where we know each other’s lives before we become friends hahah
- biking in halifax is hard because unlike montreal there’s no bike lanes so i’m getting into the mindset of driving my bike like i would a car (i.e. being out in traffic) and also remembering that you’re allowed to turn right on red here is imperative to me not dying
- i leaned on people today and they were uplifting and incredible, as always.
- on sunday i’m going to a yoga festival that’s put on by lululemon in a park on the waterfront! it’s an all day thing with workshops (including one for making flower crowns?!?) and i hope it’s nice weather because i am sooooo excited for it
- i am way too freaking excited for the new mac OS Yosemite to come out because i adore my macbook pro and it’s going to make it like a whole new computer and yes yes yes.
- overall things are so good and i keep remembering how this time last year i was holing myself up in coffee shops writing drafts of statements of intent for this program and lurking admissions forums and just feel so peaceful that it’s all behind me and i’m really in (i think i’ve said this 846 times but i’m not over it still so bear with me)
- it is possible to be very far away from someone and still feel closer to them than ever, ever before and i am really, really in love with that feeling
- i have not forgotten about my whats in my backpack post, i took photos outside but the light was really harsh and they didn’t turn out so i’m gonna try again - it’s coming!
A message to everyone who’s ever sent me anon love
the next time you get a snack out of a vending machine I hope the thingy goes for too long and you get TWO instead
i’m sorry you’re going through this :( it seems like you’ve got a lot going on. i can tell you that cutting out refined sugar and processed foods will give you better skin (because it definitely will) but if you don’t want to make that huge lifestyle change there’s not really much else i can advocate, unfortunately.
from my own experience, there is no product out there that can fix your skin (if you’re not suffering from a medically diagnosable problem). no face wash or lotion or even the clarisonic. eating nutrient-dense food and drinking water will make your body healthier and your skin is an organ that will reflect that. when your whole body is healthy, you can choose skincare that nourishes your skin from the outside to help protect it from the elements, but the real fix has to come from the inside. it won’t happen overnight, but if you make a change for the better you will see results.
15! the teal colour only comes in the 15 model, which is why I chose it haha
they’re from American eagle!