23. montreal. i run. i do yoga.
∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆
we can do hard things.
There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable:
I love. I have loved. I will love.
― The Time Traveler's Wife
It took me a long time to realize this:
We get to choose what defines us.
―Sarah Addison Allen
thank you! I do have some before and afters but I don’t post them because I don’t want them getting reblogged and whatnot. if you come off anon I’d be happy to share them privately with you though! :)
thank you! it’s from San Lorenzo bikinis! I won their Facebook contest :) I’ve been wanting one of their suits foreverrr.
I don’t usually eat after dinner (I eat pretty late, around 7:30/8), I’ll have a cup of herbal chai with almond milk and honey if I’m craving something sweet!
during the day I like to snack on apples with nut butters, yogurt with honey, raisins, dark chocolate, and bananas!
just ran 6 miles at a 7:30-7:46 pace and can’t remember the last time I felt more beastly (or more babely).
thank you so much!! seriously the sweetest.
hey! sure, i definitely have a few!
- avoid wearing anything cotton. you’re going to full-body sweat for over an hour and anything that isn’t athletic-wear material feels like a wet blanket.
- go for tight-fitting clothes, top and bottom. anything loose will flop around in down-dog and when it’s wet, that’s not a fun time. and wear as much or as little as you want - some people wear long pants and a tank top, others wear just a sports bra and shorts. it depends on your preference!
- don’t be at all afraid to take a break. if you start to lose your breath or feel dizzy at all, just get into childs pose or savasana and hang out until you feel better. everybody does it and no one will think any less of you!
- some teachers encourage you to drink water whenever you want, and others designate water breaks in their class. if you’re new to a studio and aren’t sure, ask the front desk or the teacher beforehand! either way take a big water bottle, better to have too much than run out.
- if you do or want to do hot yoga/bikram consistently, consider investing in a yoga towel. i was a long time to get converted, and now i can’t believe i was using a regular towel for so long. also a hand towel can be great for your face!
- i recommend exfoliating your face before you go, and make sure it’s clean of makeup. your face will sweat a loooot and if your pores are clogged, it can make you break out. also if you have a long trip home, take some facial wipes to use afterward just to get the sweat off! i love the neutrogena pink grapefruit ones.
hey! thank you so much for the kind words! my skin is not as great as it looks in photos - it’s definitely not perfect but I do try to take good care of it. I’m going to make a post with pictures of what I use in the next couple of days though as I’ve has a few questions requesting this, so keep your eye out :)
ah thank you! i’m afraid my answer is super lame, though, ‘cause i don’t wear any makeup (no political/deep reason i just honestly can’t be bothered and i prefer how my skin feels/how i look without it), and besides washing my hair (i use the Redken all soft line) i don’t do anything to it except use leave-in conditioner (the Redken extreme one!)